Texas Counties Deliver
Floodplain Administrator

Alex Parker 

e-mail: alex.parker@co.hardin.tx.us




PHONE: (409) 246-5250

FAX: (409) 246-5280


Hardin County Permits and Fee Schedule

Permits Issued by: Floodplain Administration

 Effective November 1, 2009
   Updated June 8, 2015





Electrical Permit Application

Permit must be obtained before any type of service will be provided by Entergy or SHECO. *


Solar Panel Installation Permit Application

Manufactured Home Placement Permit Application

Permit must be obtained before the home is placed in Hardin County. It is the customer, buyer and/or home owner’s responsibility to obtain this permit not the dealer or transporters.*

$100.00 per home


Development Permit Application

Development- Any man-made change to improved or unimproved real estate, including but not limited to buildings or other structures, mining, dredging, filling, grading, paving, excavation or drilling operations or storage of equipment or materials. A community must require a permit for all proposed construction or other development in the community, so that it can determine whether the construction or other development is proposed within a flood-prone area.

Before any type of development (see definition above) begins a permit must be obtained. Permit fees may be waved on non-residential outbuildings and other types of development depending on intended use of proposed structure and /or land. *

$100.00 for first 1,000 square feet.

$25.00 per each additional 100 square feet.

Culvert Permit Application

All roadside culverts must be installed by Hardin County. The county does not install culverts on state highways or private roads. ** Customer furnishes culvert(s) to County specifications.

INSTALLATION FEE: First culvert, county installs at no charge. Each additional culvert, on the same property, will be installed at a charge of $400 + $50 (permit) = $450 for each culvert after the first one.

$50.00 per culvert

Subdivision Permit Application

This permit is required before any development is started. This permit is for public and private subdivisions.

$500.00 plus

$50.00 per lot

Industrial Permit Application

This permit applies to oil/gas industries, pipeline activity and communications towers, etc. Contact permit office for fees

November 1st, 2009
Revised June 8, 2015

*South East Texas Planning Commission Issues 911 addresses please contact them @ (409) 347-1911

**For culverts alongside the state highways please call Texas Dept. of Transportation @ (409) 246-2300

Permit requests inside a Special Flood Hazard Area must comply with the Hardin County Floodplain Ordinance.

Permits Issued by: Floodplain Administration